Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Day!

I write this post with glee 
Cos after today I am free
Free to climb a tree
Or go on a shopping spree!

Today I say farewell, not only to my current job, but to a hectic and busy decade of a 10-year long marketing career. Even as I walked out of the car park and took the elevator up to the office today, I feel so free; emancipated from hours of meaningless toil and purposeless drudgery.

Many events swayed by fate and destiny has brought me to this place. In fact, the decision to take this break and be a full time mommy is not an easy choice to make, albeit temporary. I was swamped with a thousand worries and a zillion apprehensions on what will become of us if we are to do this ... How will we survive it? What about all the bills? Will I be bored outta my wits? Will I be outdated? Will my intellect deteriorate from lack of adult interaction? Will I be a naggy housewife? And the list goes on.... but thankfully the good Lord has given us the peace to move ahead.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
John 14:27 KJV

And for all the tears and pain that's worth, I thank God for the coming rest and peace and I look forward to a time to think, reflect and grow. I know this sounds really weird but something tells me God has been trying to get a hold of me to just shut up, sit down and listen instead of running around trying to make sense of my life and purpose. So let's take a breather and see what's in store for 2011 .... but for now ... GOODBYE!


www.funtasticecards.com

No comments: