Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Building Character

I recently attended a spiritual conference where a pastor said; "God is more interested in our character than in your comfort" My retort? "Well, if you remove my comforts I'll be totally out of character for sure!" I think it's so funny. Just imagine your boss, spouse and best friend when he or she woke up without enough sleep or after an hour's drive in bad traffic jam; how much do you want to bet he or she will be somewhat out of character huh? *wink*

Jokes aside, it's true isn't it? It's soooo true, s**t happens to us sometimes so that they can mold us and shape us. I think if the same irritating thing keeps happening to you over and over, then I suppose it's safe to say you're still not getting the message right? The good thing is, God allows the same s**t to happen repeatedly because he doesn't give up on us. That's something I will bear in mind, difficult as it may be.

I love this quote I picked up on Max Lucado's tweet timeline: "Everything will work out in the end. If it's not working out, it's not the end"

No comments: