Friday, January 01, 2010

2010, Bring It On!

Here's a little verse I came up with last night during a NYE session at a friend's house. I hope it will inspire someone out there.

May yesterday's pain be today's gain,
May yesterday's sorrow bring joy tomorrow,
Let your fears be laid to rest,
Let your worries melt like ice,
As the new decade shine
Like a beacon in dark skies
Hailing a hope and future so divine!


Well, the end of 2009 coincides with a crucial point in my life where I ended a significant chapter and opened a brand new one. I literally closed the 'chapter' on 31st December so it's rather symbolic, I shall go into details on another post. So yes, personally I'm looking forward to new hope and an unknown future surrendered to God.

This coming decade let's aim higher, work smarter, play harder, love deeper and sing louder! 2010, bring it on!

Image credit to Getty :)

2 comments:

Alice said...

Happy New Year 2010! I look forward to more wonderful blogging days with you :D

Shortcake said...

Hi Alice, thanks and may you have a splendid year ahead! :)