Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Weekend Book Haul

Alright, so I bought four books, it's really not much of a 'haul' but considering I had not actually bought a few books at one go for months, this is a justified claim!

I've been in a book rerun phase for months as I couldn't seem to find anything that tickled my fancies. I was also quite disappointed with a few books I bought lately which caused me to stay away from bookstores for a while. I made a mental note to stick with my tried and tested authors but then again we know writers do not churn out books at the same speed as ABC Network churn out TV series. Alas, my itch to visit new worlds has begun and so the book hunt started.

I came home with these books ......


My precious new books; can't wait to dive into these new worlds.

I decided to start with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson, which is the current No. 1 best seller on the NY Time's Paperback Fiction list. This is the first of a trilogy series of detective novels translated from the Swedish, published posthumously after the author's death in 2004. For your benefit, here's a picture of the back cover synopsis and credit.



Here's a sneak preview of the first page ....



Okay, I'm going off now to indulge in hours of useless fictional pleasure. I'm hoping this will also cultivate some kind of reading habit in my yet unborn son.

Happy Sunday folks and have a lovely week ahead!

No comments: