Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blossoming Cherries!

One of my favorite brands launched yummilicious new stuff! The L'Occitane Cherry Blossom range is a big favorite of mine but I've been totally reluctant to splurge on it; till now.

Pic taken from L'Occitane.au

Like most girls, what I love most about the range is the
scent! I couldn’t bring myself to buy the fragrance all along as I had like 5 bottles of fragrances still half way through but now, I have exhausted all my fragrances (almost) so I am justified to splurge! So I skipped along to the friendly neighborhood L'Occitane to check out the new babies …

What's new?
Petal Hand Cream, 75ml RM63
Cherry Eau de Toilette, 100ml RM177
Cherry Fragrant Touch Perfume, 7.5ml, whoopsie … I cannot remember the price ^_^

The verdict?
Petal Hand Cream
Light to touch, non-greasy and smells as wonderful as the original hand cream, which was launched last year at a teeny weeny 30ml size (see pic below).
I bought this for my mother-in-law, she love hand creams, she loved the scent and the non-greasy texture. I still prefer the one I have now as it's richer and my hands tend to be quite dry. But the Petal Cream is good for traveling and driving; no more sticky slippery steering wheel!
The website declares that this handcream is enriched with Shea Butter and Vitamin E and contains a cherry extract from Luberon, France. Both old and new variant contains Shea Butter; which I think is a must-have for hand creams as they are rich and nourishing enough.

My almost-gone hand cream!

The new Petal Soft Hand Cream!

Cool twist-cap means you won't misplace the cap.


Cherry Eau de Toilette:
Not to be confused with the Cherry Blossom EDT, the Cherry EDT scent is adorably sweet, fruity, very lovely, very young, (think Escada!) but alas … not for me, so I ended up buying the original Cherry Blossom anyway; loving every whiff! To me, the Cherry Blossom is delicate, fresh, feminine, a little 'country' but very wholesome; think Laura Ashley, Martha Stewart, Crabtree & Evelyn having a high tea party at Carcosa Seri Negara!


My precious classic Cherry Blossom EDT, 100ml


The new (and really sweet) Cherry EDT, 100ml.


Cherry Fragrant Touch Perfume:
The same scent but in a concentrated lotion-gel format in a convenient vial for touch ups. See pic below. It's small and cute and probably great for travel, but I bet after I buy it, I might forget about it and I won't really use it anyway. It might even get lost in my huge bottomless pit handbag. But this makes a cool gift for a sweet girlfriend!

Cherry Fragrant Touch Perfume

They have a super cool promotion now where if you buy above RM350 (Really steep!) they give you this really nice looking set with a nice Cherry Blossom pouch, compact mirror, and some other little bits of stuff, around 5 to 6 items. But I didn’t get it as I could not find anything else to make up the value, oh well. It would be nice if they could at least give out the compact mirror or pouch alone for a lesser purchase, they were soooo pretty!

1 comment:

Tine said...

I absolutely LOVE the Cherry Blossom range. I have just about everything from the range. Also because the EDT was my wedding perfume :)