Here's the verdict:
- When I called them, they were pretty efficient; they even asked if I wanted a ring in advance as a reminder. And they asked if I have a preferred 'Color Artist' (which is what a manicurist here is known as)
- The uniforms, name tags, appearance of all the artist connotes a high standard of professionalism and seriousness in what they do here.
- The OPI color selection here far exceeds any other nail salons! Seriously.
- This is the first salon I went to who had 2 strategically mounted TVs! They had on Discovery Travel & Living which was superb.
- I was impressed with the Color Artist servicing a lady next to me; eventhough you can gauge that her spoken English was not good, she explained in decent English (complete with technical and medical terms) on the lady's nail fungus condition. Speaks of good training.
- My artist was a gentle girl called Joey who did a good job and was not overly pushy to try to sell me too many things.
- A good selection of services on their "menu" plus various "packages" to suit specific needs and budgets.
- The freebie! I got a mini set of stuff worth RM90 upon signing up the package!
The free gift worth RM90 which comprise 2 cleansers, one lotion and one full sized Avoplex Cuticle Oil. And a pretty pouch!
Not so good:
- They forgot to give me my receipt at the end of it, I had to turn back to ask for it.
- I signed up for a package which makes me a 'member', I would prefer to have some sort of card so I can track my appointments, colors used, purchases and the name of my artist. To rely on my memory alone is rather daunting.
- Lack of space within the salon to put my handbag and shopping bags.
- The place is really small and may not be able to accommodate too many clients at a time, and it gets noisy when alot of people come in at the same time.
- They are not as affordable as most neighborhood salons, but they gave me a certain level of confidence. Also, they use all imported OPI stuff, even the foot scrub, nail sanitizer and tools, which adds up to the slighter uppity price.
The end results .... see pictures of my pretty done-up nails!
For my manicure, I chose a pearlized nude shade.
Find out more about OPI colors at Bee's Reviews Galore.
Details for those who are keen to doll up your digits here ....
Colour Culture, Bangsar Village II
1F-11, 1st Floor, Bangsar Village II,
No 2, Jalan Telawi Satu, Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2287 5129 / 2129
Fax: 03-2287 8129